Donate a vehicle to Cars for Homes, Goodhue County Habitat for Humanity’s car donation program, to help support local families in Red Wing, Goodhue, Cannon Falls, Pine Island, Wanamingo, Kenyon, Lake City, Dennison, Bellechester, and Zumbrota.
Your car donation is one more way that you can support our work in Goodhue County. When you donate to Goodhue County Habitat for Humanity we make it quick and easy. Your donation may also be a tax deduction. We accept cars, trucks, RV’s, vans, SUV’s, boats and motorcycles whether they are running or not. Towing is free!
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
1. Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
2. Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
3. When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
• Minnesota requires a Certificate of Title to donate your car.
• To complete your car donation you will need to fill out your vehicle title accordingly:
1. Enter the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field.
2. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
When you vehicle is sold, that will determine the value. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you may be eligible to deduct the full selling price. If your vehicle sells for $500 or less, you can deduct the “fair market value” of your vehicle, up to $500. We recommend that you talk to your tax advisor to determine your personal tax deduction situation.